Monday, September 8

Wow...

So being here has definitely humbled me. At home, I'm considered pretty good at the things I do. Here... Here things are way different. I'm mediocre at best. I'm not the guy who dresses cool. I'm not the great 'musician' or 'actor.' I'm not the best looking or anything! I feel like my life has been so uneventful. I have roommates who have done all sorts of things that aren't even offered in Texarakana. I know I shouldn't be jealous, but it's really hard. The only thing I have going for me is my humor. I can make most people laugh. Hopefully that doesn't go too!

4 comments:

Megan said...

awwwww...widdow bwader! I remember feeling the EXACT SAME WAY!!! And I still do! but it's good to be humbled. it helps you focus more on what's really important I guess. I love you!!!
~Seester

Suzanne said...

Megan's right we all went through that especially at BYU. But you get past it and you start to remember that "hey I have some pretty good qualities too" You don't have to accompish or do everything in life to be successful. You are pretty great and we all love you. So there!

Jileen said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto to Megan and Suzanne. I felt the same way too. You're awesome and we love you! I bet no one except you has been Plunger Boy before! :) And don't forget that BYU recruited you. That doesn't happen to everyone. So keep smiling!

Traylor Family said...

What??? You're not the best looking? Whatever! People are just too intimidated by your stunning good looks.